Using the above picture, verify you are using a Wireless Router and not a DSL or Cable Modem/Router combination. Only a standard Wireless Router will work with our system, you can verify which you have by looking at the blue circle in the above picture, a wireless router should have an Ethernet port, while a DSL modem will have a phone jack and a cable modem will have a coaxial jack.
*Please make sure you connect the WAN or Internet Port of the router to the wall jack with an Ethernet Cable. This is frequently a different color. If you do not connect the router correctly to the wall jack your connection will get shut off automatically by the system.
- Your router should have come with Printed Instructions or a CD that will guide you through the setup of the router. Each router manufacturer does this differently.
- When setting up the router it will ask you for a Connection Type of your ISP. Instead of choosing a company for this setting, set this to Dynamic IP Address or DHCP. This will set the router to obtain all information from the network automatically. If it forces you to select a provider, pick a cable provider like Comcast as your default.
- When the setup asks you to Name Your Wireless Network (SSID), you must set a Unique Wireless Network Name. This will be the name that will show up in the list of wireless networks, and is unique to your router.
- Also please Set a Password for your Wireless Network. We recommend using WPA or WPA2 security.
- Once you have finished the setup of your router open up a browser, i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari.
- Type in the address www.ConnectivityU.com and you will be redirected to our Registration Page.
- Make sure to read and agree to the Acceptable Use Policy and fill in your information below.
- Click “Submit” and Please Read the following webpage for additional information.
**If you cannot get the registration page please make sure you are not going to a webpage that starts with HTTPS://, and do not have an IP address set.