Netflix users may experience a brief interruption in service if they receive a message from our system. This can be resolved by acknowledging the message on the parent device (the computer you registered your Netflix device from).
If you notice that you continually hit your bandwidth allowance while using Netflix, you may want to check your streaming quality settings. At the highest quality, Netflix will stream at over 2.3GB an hour. Depending on your usage of the system, this can quickly put a user over their bandwidth allotment. You may check your quality settings on Netflix by performing the following actions:
1) Visit http://www.netflix.com
2) Log into your Netflix account.
3) Click on ‘Watching Instantly on your TV or Computer”.
4) Choose ‘Manage Video Quality’.
5) In this window, you can select the default quality to stream at. While the highest HD content will stream at 2.3GB per hour, even selecting the next best HD resolution will drop that usage dramatically to 1GB per hour. Further reductions will reduce bandwidth exponentially.
If you have additional questions, please contact our support department.